Financial Book reviews – 39 Months

Financial Book reviews – 39 Months

This is an easy book to read, not overly complicated and full of abstract formulas and charts. It really has the potential to positively change its readers' view on the financial world and how to live in it. We all have our own set of beliefs about money which shows up in our day-to-day lives with how we spend and save. This book helps you shed some of the long held beliefs that may not be serving your financial goals. I love how straightforward this book is written and takes something complex (investing and tax codes) and makes it incredibly simple.


I intend to give this book to my brother as one of his wedding presents. Really hope he will read it and change his outlook on savings/investing/saving for retirement (and hope for a better outcome than my unsuccessful attempt on giving him “the millionaire next door”). I consider this blog to be one of the most important sources of personal financial advice on the internet.


Your first audiobook is free!


After that long awesome list you’ll find Ali’s shortlist of her favorite Travel books is also included. I have been lucky to have great jobs that I enjoyed. And then came a fork in the road, where there was talk of outsourcing my division at work. That’s just about the time I started reading your blog.


School lunches are another thing that throw off the monthly numbers since we add $100 per kid x3 at one time to save on the processing fees ($2 per kid). So I paid a bunch in December but haven’t had to add money lately. The kids usually eat lunch at school (and sometimes breakfast which is free for everyone at our youngest kid’s school) so the kids tend to eat about meals at home probably. I started out copy/pasting my credit card statements into a spreadsheet then eventually migrated to Personal Capital completely (it’s 98% accurate though you can’t split transactions like I sometimes want to do).


Like the simple path to wealth, Benjamin Graham advises investors to avoid watching the market. The core philosophy is studying individual stocks and identifying those that have sound fundamentals, and that are undervalued.


With that framing, the ideas presented in this book can be very helpful in opening your eyes to the merits of entrepreneurial pursuits. This story is told from Robert’s perspective as he learns from his rich dad. Rather than just give him the advice, Rich Dad asks open ended questions and puts him in situations that inspire him to think and experience these life lessons first hand.


hey, i stumbled upon your blog and book via MMM and I love it. All my life I thought I was just going to save everything and then hope I had enough to live on when I hit 65.


Accordingly, the billions of dollars poured into the marketing hype associated with promoting status products have had little effect on their consumption lifestyle. Also these people tend to associate with others who have similar attitudes, interests and activities, and beliefs.



I have a decent amount of money saved in the bank that is only really growing by me putting more in, keen to invest somewhere but trying to pick shared always scared me – these index funds sound great. As you continue reading the blog and book, you’ll learn Vanguard is the only finacial firm I reccomend and I personally hold all my investments with them.


When the featured person’s habits and worldview don’t jive with those of the reader, vitriol is spewed and misconceptions abound. I don’t know what motivates people to make these hateful comments, but their words are often flavored by some combination of disbelief, envy, and personal regret. You can hardly throw a stick at Business Insider, Marketwatch, or Yahoo without hitting another story about some yahoo retiring early. The New York Times, New Yorker, Kiplinger’s, and The Wall Street Journal have also gotten in on the act.


  • Today, the benefits of living well beneath your means to achieve financial freedom are recognized by millions of people who are making meaningful changes in their lives in this pursuit.
  • Meet the Frugalwoods is a personal account of the critically acclaimed blogger Elizabeth Willard Thames.
  • But most people have better things to do with their precious time.

In this book, I revealed the factors that millionaires, who had three times the wealth as those in The Millionaire Next Door, reported as being most important in explaining their economic success. Among those factors were integrity, discipline, social skills, a supportive spouse, leadership qualities, and having a love for one’s vocation. Among the least important were luck, investing in the stock market, and having high academic achievement. I responded to the numerous queries I received from women about their lack of representation in my books by writing Millionaire Women Next Door in 2004.


Book review:Stock Market Crashes:Meet the Frugalwoods: Achieving Financial Independence Through Simple Living

If you ARE that kind of person, this book is worth reading. And it will probably tie together a lot of your finance/investing knowledge into one pretty package.



During our conversation he asked who was managing our money now and I told him I was, using low-cost index funds. He actually chuckled and said that was nice, but that very few people were capable of managing their own money well and he’d be happy to take care of it for me.


I just recently discovered your blog about two weeks ago and until then I had no idea what I was doing with my financial life. You’ve given me the necessary tools to secure a bright financial future.


Erin’s style is approachable and actually fun to read. Seriously, I read this before bed every night, sometimes after a glass of wine, and didn’t fall asleep mid-paragraph a single time.


I’ve also posted questions in the “Ask Jim Collins” section and received excellent advice and counsel on specific issues relating to my own financial situations. Given that this website is an invaluable resource, it seems the least I can do is order this book and post a review on Amazon.


It was like a “Who’s Who” of the personal finance world, and I got to hear the real life voices of a couple of favorites, as well as learn about some new blogs, books, and sites to check out. Meet the Frugalwoods is a personal account of the critically acclaimed blogger Elizabeth Willard Thames. This book is a narration of her choices and how these put her in a life of prosperity. The Thames elucidated in this book her journey of walking away from city dreams and urban life to pursue frugality to find meaning and attain a purpose-driven life. This personal narrative is humble, more of a novel type that inspires readers to know that happiness isn’t always grandeur.


He proves a sure guide, combining both eye-opening on-the-ground reporting and a narrative flair that makes esoteric financial and business concepts clear and understandable. InThe Deals That Made the World, Jacques Peretti takes us inside the world of the powerful dealmakers who influence our daily lives as he examines a dozen groundbreaking business deals that have transformed our society. You don’t have to do a dangerous job—in a coal mine or on a construction site, commercial fishing boat, or an oil rig—to endure a health-destroying, possibly life-threatening, workplace. Just ask the manager in a senior finance role whose immense workload, once handled by several employees, required frequent all-nighters—leading to alcohol and drug addiction.


How about preaching personal responsibility, hard work, and independence instead? You know, values that might actually allow your readers to get ahead in life…. This has also made me think about the different stages of financial independence. We often just position it as when you’re done needing a paycheck from an employer, but there are many other moments along that path. Most of our money goes towards funding those three things.

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

What You Need To Know About Mergers & Acquisitions: 12 Key Considerations When Selling Your Company

Pitch the Perfect Investment by Paul D. Sonkin

Deals on Pitch The Perfect Investment